Dental Implants: Bring quality back to life
Life is hard and it gets harder when you lose a tooth. We experience difficulty while chewing and our smile also gets affected. The other and older ways to replace a missing teeth are:
- Denture: A denture is an appliance that sits upon the gums for replacement of missing teeth. It can be taken out and put back into your mouth.
- Tooth supported fixed bridge: In this, the teeth adjacent to the missing teeth are shaved down with a high-speed drill. This shaving down prepares the teeth to support and fit a bridge that is then cemented in place over the teeth.
But advancement in our technologies has made our lives easy. The latest technique used nowadays to replace tooth are Dental Implants.
Dental implantation can be done any time after adolescence or when bone growth is complete. Certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, cancer or periodontal disease, may require additional treatment before the procedure can be performed. At Jindal Hospital, we take x-rays before the procedure to rule out bone density. If there is loss of bone, we bring implants specially designed for such cases.
Advantages of using implants:
- Dental implants look and function like natural teeth.
- Placement of implant does not require grinding down and weakening of adjacent teeth.
- It remain firmly in place and requires no adhesives.
- It has a long life span.
- It can be placed in any age-group.
- It prevents bacterial accumulation that could lead to cavities and gum diseases.
Dental implants are the very best options to regain the natural look and function of your mouth.